Case IH Steiger Series Tractors Set New Industry Records for Fuel Efficiency
The latest results from the Nebraska Tractor Test Lab show that Case IH Steiger® tractors with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology have set new industry records for fuel-efficient power. So you don't have to sacrifice productivity to meet new emissions regulations or settle for less fuel efficiency to get more power. That's because these tractors have been engineered for Efficient Power with knowledge gained by talking to producers in the field. We've worked with producers like you to find unique solutions to cover more acres in a day, keep you in the field as long as you need and even give you a more comfortable, intuitive cab.
Quadtrac System: Unmatched Effectiveness With Four Independent Tracks
The four individually driven, oscillating tracks of a Steiger Quadtrac give you greater ground contact that rubber tires or two-track systems could never match. The result strikes a balance between productivity and efficiency you also won't find anywhere else. Better traction and less slippage. Greater flotation and reduced compaction. It's a design with a clean and proven competitive advantage.
The four tracks of a Steiger Quadtrac distribute weight more evenly and efficiently than two-track systems, reducing compaction. That leads to numerous benefits like better flotation and traction, and easier transport. That's because Quadtrac distributes loads evenly across the length of each track - even with the added weight of a load putting force onto the rear tracks.
Delivering more usable power you can depend on is possible because of the exclusive Quadtrac positive-drive design. Lugs that interlock with bars on the drive wheel and track. That's because a positive drive is continuous at all times, even in a wet or slippery spot. The Steiger Quadtrac positive drive adjusts automatically under transport or light loads that reduce wear, friction and heat - and increases durability.
- 40-Degree Right Hand Swivel Seat - Hard Work Shouldn't Be A Pain In The Neck: Autoguidance systems give you more freedom in the cab to look back and check on implement operations. So your tractor's seat shouldn't force you to keep looking forward. The exclusive, industry-leading 40-degree, right-hand swivel seat in Steiger tractors gives you a 180-degree, full field vision that keeps you from having to strain your neck all day.
- Work Longer And Stronger With The Industry's First Suspended Cab: Case IH Cab Suspension with shock-absorbing components at each corner of the cab stabilizes front-to-back, side-to-side and up-and-down motions, giving the operator a smooth ride no matter what terrain is underneath. A combination of springs, dampers and mounts fully isolates the cab from chassis-created vibrations. This leads to freedom from repeated jarring and bouncing, and allows you to have greater focus on the job and more control over your tractor without the fatigue and soreness that comes at the end of a long day.
- MultiControl Armrest - Every Vital Tractor Operation. One Simple Controller: Adjust your Steiger tractor's speed, gears and direction, up to eight hydraulic remotes and much more without even raising your elbow. The MultiControl Armrest brings an ease of use to today's increasingly sophisticated implements. Comfortable, simple controls make it easier for you to cover more acres in a day because there's nowhere else you need to reach when controlling your Steiger tractor. Everything you need is right there at your fingertips.
- Lighting System - Sometimes You Need To Work More Than Just All Day: It's unavoidable. Changing weather and field conditions keep you working long into the night. The Steiger lighting system is five to six times brighter than standard lighting, and its HID lights last 6,000 hours longer than traditional tractor lighting. With optional roof lighting, the entire area around the tractor is flooded, so you can get out and make an adjustment, fuel up or do whatever you need on those long days that require everything you have.
- Power Growth - Put The Strongest Tractor On The Market To Work For You: Case IH is proud to unveil an even stronger lineup of Steiger tractors with up to 670 peak horsepower. And thanks to 10 percent Power Growth capabilities built into our engines, it can add even more in difficult conditions. Like if the hydraulics need a little extra muscle to get through a tough spot, or if there is a sudden demand for more transport speed, and hydraulic and PTO power. Power Growth covers those spots without compromising performance.
- True 4WD Force To Boost Row Crop Applications: For those large planters and strip till rigs that increasingly make 4WD an ideal choice. These longer tractors with a narrow frame offer a better ride and put more power to the ground. And they maintain the principles of the Steiger family of tractors: a heavier, thicker steel frame and longer wheelbase that helps produce optimum performance.
- Steiger Delivers Power to the Ground. Season After Season: The powertrain inside Steiger tractors generates everything you need to produce more - and eliminates unnecessary technology you don't need. It includes an engine that's passed every test and challenge, and is built with future emission regulations in mind. Since 2006, the largest Steiger tractors have been powered by the 12.9-liter FPT Powertrain Technologies Engine. This engine powers Steiger tractors through the toughest field conditions and is now Tier 4A compliant with fuel-saving Case IH SCR technology for 10 percent lower operating costs than previous models. The Steiger 550 Model uses a two-stage turbocharger that offers low-RPM responsiveness and superior boost at high RPMs.
- A Dependable Transmission That Does More For You Than Just Shift Gears: The 16-speed, full powershift Steiger transmission produces smooth shifting and reduces fatigue at the end of a long day in the field. It accomplishes this through pulse-width modulation, which allows the smoothest possible shifts under load. The newest version of this proven transmission also features larger gears and clutch packs that deliver years of service while transmitting up to 670 peak horsepower to the ground for large-scale farming.
- Axles Built For Covering More Acres: Steiger tractors feature massive axles that can carry up to 66,000 pounds of operating weight. That's the most weight any tractor out there can handle. And it means your Steiger tractor can work with the largest implements and cover more acres in a day. All Steiger tractors have a frame built of 1/2-inch thick steel and a longer wheelbase with built-in weight.
- Hydraulics To Handle Your Biggest Implements: 113 gallons per minute flowing through up to eight hydraulic remote valves, and up to 20,000 pounds of hitch-lift capacity. That's enough hydraulic flow for even the biggest planters and air seeders in the industry. And it doesn't require a separate system or pump, meaning it's easier to monitor and more reliable. And the new electronic precision remote, quick-connect valves make your operation even more efficient by maintaining precise flow and pressure - even in the more severe conditions. Set the system how you want, and it adjusts for changing conditions through the day.
- Maximum Uptime - Tractors That Look As Good As Your Fields: Your tractor should look as strong as it performs. The new Steiger tractor is the first tractor in the industry to use Class 6 automotive-grade paint. That means a Steiger tractor will hold up to the different, harsh conditions that pound it day after day, from spring to fall. And stronger resistance to fading means better resale value.
- A Fuel Tank That Lasts As Long As The Tractor: Stopping for fuel before finishing the day's work - because field conditions can't wait and weather is setting in - wastes valuable time. A Steiger tractor fuel tank has a capacity of up to 470 gallons and is built into the frame. That should last more than a full day's work, and the steel design adds strength and durability to the entire chassis. No one else offers that kind of durability because no one else offers a tractor with its fuel tank built into the frame. It's all part of giving you everything you need to be ready to stay in the field - under all conditions.
- Quick and Easy Daily Maintenance That Gets You Out Of The Field When The Work Is Done: Checking your tractor's transmission, engine oil or hydraulic fluid can be done at ground level. No steps to climb or hard-to-reach places to squeeze through. Because your tractor needs to keep running, and the Steiger makes it easy for you to keep on top of maintenance as quickly and effortlessly as possible. Case IH dealers and technicians are ready to handle any maintenance work, including on the engine. There's no need for the hassle and wasted time of going to a third-party engine dealer for service.
- Advertised Engine Power, Rated, hp (kW): 558 (410)
- Maximum Engine Power, hp (kW): 613 (451)
- Rated Engine Speed, rpm: 2100
- Power Boost, hp (kW): 63 (47)
- Fuel Tank capacity, gal (L): 470 (1779)
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank capacity, gal (L): 64 (242)
- PTO Horsepower, Basic / Optional Transmission, hp (kW): 475 (354)
- PTO Speeds, rpm: 1000
- PTO operational Type (Independent; Live; Continuous): Independent
- Engine Make: Case IH FPT
- Engine Model: 12.9 L, Two-Stage Turbo
- Number of Cylinders: 6
- Displacement, cu in (L): 787 (12.9)
- Engine Bore, in (mm): 5.31 (135)
- Engine Stroke, in (mm): 5.91 (150)
- Block Design, Replaceable Liners: Wet liners
- Aspiration, Turbocharged or Naturally Aspirated: Turbocharged, Air-Water & Air-Air Aftercooled
- Fuel System Description: High Pressure Common Rail
- Fuel System Control, Electronic or Mechanical: Electronic
- Fuel Injection to combustion chamber, Direct or Indirect: Direct
Emission and Exhaust Treatment
- Emission Level, US EPA Tier: Tier 4A
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) w/Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF): SCR with DEF
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR): No
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC): No
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF): No
- Exhaust Pipe, Vertical stack or Horizontal: Vertical
- Fan Drive Type: Hydraulic
- System Rating, Volts: 12
- Alternator Rating, Amps: 200
Basic Transmission Configuration
- Manufacturer's Description: 16F x 2R Full Powershift
- Transmission Type: Full powershift
- Number of Forward / Reverse Speeds: 16F / 2R
- Maximum Speed Forward, mph (kph): 25 (40)
- Creeper Range Available: No
- Shuttle (Forward-Reverse) Available: Yes
Wheel or Track Configuration
- Drive Wheels or Tracks; 2WD, 4WD, 2WD / 4WD, 2 Tracks or 4 Tracks: 4 Tracks
- Steering Configuration: Front Steer, Frame Articulated, or Track-type Steer: Frame Articulated
Rear Axle Assembly
- Final Drive Location and Description: Inboard Planetary
- Axle Output End, Flange or Bar: Flange
- Service Brake Type: Wet disc
- Hydraulic System Type: Pressure Flow Compensated
- Main Hydraulic Pump Type: PFC Pump
- Standard Pump Flow, gpm (Lpm): 42 (159)
- Optional Pump Flow, gpm (Lpm): 57 (216); 113 (428)
- Number of Standard Remote Valves: 4
- 3-Point Hitch Category: Category 4N
- Optional Hitch Category: Category 3 Quick-Hitch
- Draft Sensing or Lift Control: Lower Link
- Draft Link Ends Adjustable: Yes
- Standard Lift Capacity 24 Inches behind pin, lb (kg): 20,000 (9072)
- Drawbar Description: Category 4, Swinging
- Wheelbase/Trackbase, MFD/4WD or Track, in (mm): 154 (3912)
Weight (w/Tires or Tracks)
- Weight, MFD/4WD or Tracks w/Cab, without ballast, lb (kg): 53,804 (24405)
- Weight, Total allowable, w/maximum ballast, lb (kg): 56,000 (25401)
Tire / Track Size
- Front Tire Size orTrack Width, MFD/4WD or Track: 30 (762) to 36 (914) Rubber Track
- Rear Tire Size or Track Width: 30 (762) to 36 (914) Rubber Track